Did you know that you can take over rented cars from the HoppyGo platform and then hand them over even without the presence of the owner? In this post, we will explain how contactless handover works and how you can rent a car this way.
HoppyGo has long tried to offer platform users an easier and more convenient way to rent cars. Currently, we also place great emphasis on safety. HoppyGo offers car owners the opportunity to implement a solution that allows the car to be handed over without having to physically meet the driver. It is a hardware accessory that allows the owner to open the car remotely from his or her smartphone.
Practically, this means that it is no longer necessary to agree with the owner on a specific place for the handover meeting. This applies both to taking over the car at the beginning of the rental and to its subsequent return. Nowadays, as many of us are used to avoiding unnecessary social contacts, this means that you do not have to meet anyone in person to start or finish the rental.
The whole process step by step:
- Book your car via the HoppyGo platform with the Contactless Rental label. When searching, you can easily filter for cars with this attribute.
- You will arrange with the owner the place of delivery and the time you prefer.
- You will arrive at the place and see the car, which you identify according to the pre-selected model and license plate number.
- You connect with the owner using the chat in the application or you can call the owner to open the car for you. There will be keys prepared (typically hidden in one of the compartments).
- You will check that all the necessary documents (green card and small technical card) are in the car. You will then take the photos of the car according to the instructions of the application, enter the status of kilometers and fuel tank or battery status.
- The last step is to ask the owner to complete the handover.
Returning the car
You proceed in a similar way when returning the car. You park the car at a pre-agreed address, take a picture of it again in the application and contact the owner, who will lock the car remotely again. Remember to leave the keys inside, hidden in the compartment as instructed by the owner, and let the owner know that you left the keys.
The process is really easy and, except for contacting the owner to open/lock the car, it is not very different from a regular rental with a personal meeting.
Also take a look at our article below, where we discuss a few basic precautions that must be followed, especially when handing over cars.
What is HoppyGo?
HoppyGo is a car sharing platform that connects those who want to rent a car occasionally with owners who do not use their cars on a daily basis. Users can thus use cars that would otherwise be parked in parking lots. On the other hand, owners can solve the costs of owning a car in this way or secure a side income.
The platform includes over 2 000 cars of all categories and brands. As a user, you have the opportunity to choose between luxury and affordable cars, sports cars, vans and camper vans, family cars or city cars. In short, you will find everything here.